CHAIN FITTING TYPES
Different Chain Fitting Types are available to cater for a wide range of applications. Primarily they are used for chains, rigging, material and safe handling purposes.
Speak to our specialised staff to supply and service all your chain fitting solutions. Do you need a lifting solution that involves the below applications ? If so, speak to our specialised staff to supply and service all your chain fitting solutions.
- Hooks to lock itself when load is engaged.
- A spring loaded fitting with a safety latch for security in liftings.
- Hooks to swivel under load
fittings for chain slings
generally added to Chain Slings, chain fittings are utilised as part of a complete lifting application solution. Like Chain Slings, Chain Fittings are manufactured tro different grade ratings. The common grades are Grade 80 or Grade 100.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN GRADE 70, 80, 100 AND 120
- Grade70 is rated with a lashing capacity rather than a working load
- Grade80 is generally used as a sling component for overhead lifting and or rigging and tie-down applications where a lighter weight then Grade 100 is required.
- As per applications used for Grade 80, Grade100 is used where higher strength si required.
- Grade100 has roughly a 25% higher capacity rating https://www.absoluteliftingandsafety.com.au/chains-and-fittings-grade-100/when compared to Grade 80.
- Similar to grade 100, grade 120 has higher working loads.